Act Against Ragging
The college has the following provisions for action against ragging:
Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in debts, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational
institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees. Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and suchstudent shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of fiveyears from the date of order of such dismissal.
Act of Indiscipline
The students shall not indulge in such activities amounting to an act of indiscipline and misdemeanour such as:
Taking out processions and holding demonstration in the campus.
- Gheraoing, intimidating and threatening the faculty/staff/students.
- Interfering with the functioning of various committees
- Disturbing the classes, assaulting teachers and students taking examination or in any other academic activity.
- Defacing the building or any structure by writing slogans and pasting bills, damaging the institute property.
- Keeping in possession any lethal weapon and bullet, unwanted/harmful instrument.
- Possessing and/or consuming alcoholic liquor/drugs.
- Rash driving, driving on the pedestrian path, tripple riding, and parallel driving in restricted areas/Institute campus.
- Roaming and sitting in and around the campus in pairs and making obscene gestures in the campus.
- Use of mobile phone in the academic building.
Any other acts of indiscipline decided by the competent authority not befitting to the
presentation of the students. Involvement in any of the above acts of indiscipline will be
liable to severe disciplinary action like termination of registration in semester/studentship,
imposition of conduct probation/fine, expulsion from the Hostel or even from the Institute or
any other action as deemed fit by the competent authority.