Pandit Jagat Ram
Government Polytechnic College
For Diploma Courses.
For admission to regular diploma courses at Sr. No.1 to 6, minimum educational qualification required
is 10th with pass marks in mathematics & Science.
- The admission of students is made on the basis of J.E.T. (Joint Entrance Test) conducted by
State Board of Technical Education, Punjab, in the month of June every year.
- In addition to this in each of the regular course few seats are also available for ITI passed
students in the second year of course.
- A number of seats in each course is limited to the ten percent of the sanctioned intake plus
number of vacant seats(if any).
- It is important to note that the students having passed one year certificate course from
recognised ITI can take admission in any of the diploma course through lateral entry.
- The admission of lateral entry students are normally made in the month of July every year by
Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training on the basis of merit.
- The admission to diploma course at Sr.No.7 is made on the basis of merit in 10+2 examination
(all steams are eligible) in the month of August every year.
- The minimum educational qualification required for admission to Part Time Diploma Course
is 10th with pass marks in Mathematics & science along with a minimum 3 years of experience.
- The admission of students is made on basis of merit in the month of August.
Under Graduate Programs.
- The minimum educational qualification required of admission to diploma course in Pharmacy (D. Pharmacy) is 10+2 (Medical/ Non medical). the admission of students is conducted by P.T.U., Jalandhar in the month of May - June every year.
- The approximate dues to be deposited for first semester at the time of admission are about
Rs.15000/- for all the Diploma Engineering Courses and Rs.35000/- for Degree Course.